Cleaning of Fiber Optic Pressure Sensors
The important sensing element of the fiber optic pressure sensor is the Fabry-Billott (FP) type optical interferometer.The two mirrors of the interferometer are the inner surface of the film at one end and the fiber tip at the other end.The applied pressure P induces a deflection of the membrane, which in turn translates directly into a change in the cavity length of the FP interferometer.The shape and material of the sensor were carefully chosen to obtain a linear relationship between the membrane deflection and the applied pressure. It can be expressed as:Lcav(P)=L0+(P-P0S)
Pressure sensors have been used in the medical industry for a long time. Pressure sensors were considered for application in the medical industry when they were born. In recent years, with the further improvement of the performance of pressure sensors, their application in the medical industry has also been well developed.As pressure sensors use new technologies and new materials, their performance and stability will be better developed, and the development of pressure sensors in the medical industry will also be further improved. Now countries are investing a lot of manpower and funds to open and develop medical care Pressure Sensors.
The cleaning precautions of the fiber optic pressure sensor are as follows:
1. Avoid pulling, squeezing or twisting the fiber optic cable. Do not pull when trying to untie the entangled fiber optic cable. At this time, you need to be patient and careful to untie it.
2. Avoid sharp bending radius (>50mm) of optical fiber.
3. When removing the conduit from the fiber optic signal demodulator, please use a protective cover to protect the fiber optic connector.
4. Failure to clean in time or as required after use may invalidate the catheter warranty.
5. Delayed cleaning will significantly affect cleaning efficiency.
6. Do not insert any brush or foam cleaner to clean the gel on the top of the sensor, otherwise it will damage the sensor membrane surface.
1. Do not wipe the top of the sensor, stop almost 1 inch (2.5cm) near the top of the sensor.At all times, pay attention to the position of the catheter and be extremely careful when handling it. Be gentle, and most importantly, do not touch the top of the sensor with anything other than lens tissue.
2. Do not immerse the entire sensor in liquid, which will damage the fiber optic connector of the catheter and cause the warranty to be invalidated.
3. Do not immerse one of the junctions inside the catheter (between the clear and amber areas) in liquid to avoid liquid penetration.
4. When stirring, do not bump or strike the sensor against the bottom or inner wall of the solution dish.